We held the Memorial Service via Zoom, April 7, 2021, 4:30 PM EDT.
On Thursday evening I said my last goodbye to an amazing Spiritual Leader, miracle worker, musician, Unity Minister & Licensed Unity Teacher, and to me and my brothers, home room parent, chaperone, spider chaser, caregiver — our mother. Rev. Bettie L. Barta was in control to the end, centered in the Love of God and the ‘Peace that passeth all understanding,’ making her choice to step to a new experience on March 4, 2021.
Through her work as a minister, she officiated at weddings, funerals, christenings, hosted a radio program for three decades, served on many boards in the community and the Unity Movement. She was also a musician and arts advocate. You can read about her career on the About page.
Or you knew her from her private everyday life as wife to Louie E. Barta, and mother to Michael Dan, John David, and Patricia Susan; step children Louie E. Barta, III and Rosemary Leslie. She also enjoyed eight grandchildren and step grandchildren, and many great grandchildren.
I had the privilege of assisting her in her work; traveling to conferences and committee meetings, family crisis support calls, weddings, and memorials. After ‘retiring’ from her thirty-year employment at Unity of Indianapolis with Rev. Charles Roth, she enjoyed the last years of being with my father, her husband of 52 years. Then started Unity North Truth Center on the Marion County-Hamilton County line. Soon, she was back on radio in a talk show format with people from all walks of life: Dupty Mayors, physicist Fred Allen Wolfe, faith leaders from all disciplines, professors, authors. My blessing was to be the producer of the show, the voice in her ear, safe guarding the magical energy these shows when she would sit down in conversation with her guests and seek out our common bonds in the human spiritual connection. The half-hour show tracked in the Nielsen ratings for several years.
I’ve watched her work miracles. And it wasn’t until now, being the person next to the bed while a loved one transitions, did I really grasp the difference her presence, holding the light of truth, made in those situations. She always parted from the person ‘going through’ a difficult situation holding them in her heart and light, knowing the Truth for them, even if emotions or illness didn’t allow them to hold it for themselves. Rev. Bettie didn’t just believe the principles of Mind Action, it was who she was, how she breathed, and manifested a blessed life for herself, and blessed others who surrounded her.
Over a life of 95 years, she touched so many in many walks of life. You may be one of them. The best way to know who Bettie Barta was and is, is through our memories and stories: please share your story of your time together. Please use the comments section below to share your words, photos, recordings, moving images.
If you feel you ‘owe’ her because of the way she touched your life, the only ‘payback’ is for you to live the lessons she taught:
- “As a child of God, there is good for you and you ought to have it.” Stop blocking and start seeking, opening, accepting.
- God (Good) can only do what he can do through you, that the Universal can only experience through you.
- Every emotion-thought you send out you have to experience first. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
- Where you put your words, actions and thoughts is where your belief and focus truly are, and thus what you pull into your life experience; the beauty of change is that it is always happening. “Everything is in flux.”
- “There’s not a spot where God is not.”, “Expect A Miracle.”, “In every moment of every day, hour, you are choosing the life you want, the relationship, the prosperity, the health, the purpose and passion. Live in the now, choose in the now, keep connected to Spirit, God, Good, and let Infinite Source do the rest.”
This website offers some of her radio programs and lessons from over the years. Soon the list will be expanded, so check back often.